London Intersection known as the Hogarth Roundabout at Chiswick at night. 12 seconds
Clip available on Pond5 here
For a watermarked preview click here and use the download link
More about Hogarth Roundabout
The Hogarth Roundabout is one of London’s best known road junctions. It is situated at the junction of the A316 Great Chertsey Road and the A4 Great West Road in Chiswick.
The Hogarth Roundabout is named after the eighteenth-century painter William Hogarth who lived in nearby Hogarth’s House. It is also the location of the Griffin Brewery of Fuller, Smith and Turner, where beer has been brewed since 1654, the George and Devonshire pub, built in 1790, and the newly developed Hogarth Modern showroom and offices. The roundabout is noteworthy for the single lane flyover which carries eastbound traffic from the A316 on to the A4. The flyover was built as a temporary measure in 1971, using the Bridgway format devised and offered to local authorities by well-connected construction firm Marples Ridgeway Ltd.
More about Griffin Brewery
The first recorded use of the name ‘Griffin Brewery’ in Chiswick dates from 1816, when one of the owners of the company at the time, Douglas Thompson, acquired the name from a failed brewery (Meux & Reid) in the City of London. As well as its range of beers, The Griffin Brewery, located on the A4 in Chiswick, is famous for having the oldest wisteria plant in the UK, planted in the early 19th century. The public can take a guided tour of the site.